Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Start a Journal

I've been reading a really great book called The Compound Effect by Darren Hardy, and although I'm not even 1/2 way, I must say that he really does motivate to make one's life better!  If you haven't already, I suggest checking this book out!  One of the first thing he says to do is get a goal and start tracking for 3 weeks!  It takes 3 weeks of completing a task sometimes before it becomes habit so get a nice journal out and get to it! 
the items most important to me: Finances and Food.  I began my journal on Monday and it takes like 2 minutes/day to make a huge difference.... we're back to baby steps!
1.) Get a journal you like looking at!  This helps unless you are OK with plain old paper.
2.) Write down what you want to track and what your main goal is.  Mine is to pay off debt in 2 years and weigh 140 pounds or less in 1 year.
3.) Take time out of each day to write down every cent you spent during the day and every bite you took during the day.
What is a few minutes out of each day for 3 weeks???  Just try it, what do you have to lose?  A very small step that can lead to a huge difference in your life!

No comments:

Post a Comment